My culinary interests


 When I grew up in India during the 80’s and 90’s, one of the more interesting things I did besides spending time at school was experiment with cooking. Taking note of my culinary interest, my grandmother started teaching me some recipes, tips and tricks that she had learnt from her grandmother.

Some of what I learnt from her goes back several generations into unrecorded history, and the refined flavors bear testimony to the fine tuning that took place over the centuries. And these are the recipes that I help students learn when they take cooking classes with me.

If you take some classes, you’ll begin to understand the subtleties of various flavors in Indian cooking. Believe me – it’s just not sweet, sour, hot or salty. There are so many fine exotic flavors that exist beyond what we’re exposed to - it’s a world of endless possibilities!

And my classes are not just sampling small helpings -  I carefully select the freshest produce from markets, buying local and organic whenever possible. Then, my students and I cook a five course vegetarian feast together to enjoy it over some interesting dinner table conversation.
Come over to my kitchen, and titillate your senses with  some kofta balls or veg biriyani – or host a cooking party and I’ll come and share my ‘secrets’ at  your place! We’ll cook a great vegetarian or vegan meal and share it with you or anyone you invite!

And in case you're wondering about my name, practically all Indian people have a “nickname” that their intimate friends and family call them by - my grandfather used to call me Bambi when I was a kid and the name has stayed with me ever since:) 




Comments

Popular Posts